Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Doilies


Star Doily Book No. 10
The American Thread Company
Copyright 1953
Book originally sold for 10 cents
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
There are some beautiful patterns in this book..and when I was younger..I think I made most of them.
I remember best the doily with the rose in the center, the blossom doily, the pineapple..and the purple varigated one.
The rose doilies..(there were two smaller ones and one larger) that were on my dresser with that huge mirror

This book and others like them were the ones I learned from..and slowly but surely polished my crocket skills. It's a craft I still love...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I do so enjoy each and every message that is left for me. They sorta make each day a "happy dance day", so please, make sure you leave a comment..Just a hi will make my day all better. :) xx